Uses of Patti Kadai’s Cold Pressed Natural Coconut Oil(Marachekku Coconut Oil)
Cold Pressed Oil retains healthy antioxidants that are otherwise damaged by being exposed to heat. Antioxidants help combat free radicals that cause cell damage in the body. Most cold-pressed oils are rich in vitamin E, which has anti-inflammatory and healing properties.
Major Benefits of Marachekku Coconut Oil
- The cold-pressing process retains the essential antioxidants and vitamins.
- Lauric acid present in coconut oil helps to kill harmful pathogens like bacteria and viruses. This essential component is lost in the commercial oil extraction process and retained during cold pressing.
- Marachekku Coconut oil contains a type of fat known as medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). These fats are converted to ketones in the liver.
- Ketones have a powerful effect on the brain; therefore their long-term use can help treat conditions like epilepsy.
- When the body goes into ketone metabolism, weight loss becomes easier because appetite is reduced on a ketone diet.
- Studies have shown that MCTs can help boost brain function in Alzheimer’s patients.
- Several studies have shown that coconut oil consumption is good for heart health since it helps raise the HDL (good cholesterol) levels in the body.
- Indian cooking processes subject oils to very high temperatures.
- Marachekku Coconut oil is very stable when heated to high temperatures due to the presence of short and medium-chain fatty acids. Hence it is recommended for deep frying.
- Cold-pressed virgin coconut oil retains all the essential nutrients and is healthy for the skin, hair, and teeth.
- The cold-pressing process retains the antioxidants and essential vitamins in the oil.